The District of Columbia Association of REALTORS® (DCAR) is recognized by the National Association of REALTORS® as a state-level Association, and we represent more than 2,800 REALTORS® in DC. What that means is we advocate, protect and promote the interests of our members and the public we serve. We are the voice of real estate in the District, and we fight to ensure homeowner rights are preserved.
- Spend time in the Wilson building, home of the DC government, keeping tabs on relevant legislation and serving as a liaison between our members and the top policymakers in the District.
- Meet with Councilmembers and other members of the DC government on a regular basis to maintain a relationship.
- Help the Council shape market-friendly legislation and fight any bills that disenfranchise homeowners.
- Testify in front of the Council and its various committees on behalf of REALTORS®.
- Identify Council candidates who will stand as allies, understand DC’s real estate market and value homeownership.
- Work with RPAC to align ourselves with the selected candidates.
- Stay involved with the advocacy efforts of the National Association of REALTORS® and Greater Capital Area Association of REALTORS®.
- Fight for the following:
- Lower recordation and transfer taxes.
- Fewer regulations on home construction, renovation and development.
- Fair and equal housing standards for all.
For more information about DCAR:
- 100 Years of Success in DC — A History of the Association
- DCAR’s New Office
- Community Outreach and Impact
- Difference Between DCAR and GCAAR
- Policy Positions
- About DCAR Committees
- Staff & Leadership
- Contact Us