DCAR represents more than 2,800 REALTORS® in the District of Columbia, and every day we work to improve the lives and careers of those REALTORS®. It’s why we call ourselves the voice of real estate in DC. The vast majority of our work as a state-level association centers around advocacy and legislation; our local associations handle the bulk of the education responsibilities.
DCAR is a state-level association. DCAR members joined the National Association of REALTORS® through the local association GCAAR, or the Greater Capital Area Association of REALTORS®, which handles both DC and Montgomery County.
For a more in-depth breakdown of the Association hierarchy, check out the differences between DCAR and GCAAR.
So what is it that your DCAR membership dues get you? Our goal is to advocate, protect and promote the interests of REALTORS® in the District. More specifically, DCAR puts you in the best position to thrive in the following ways:
- We make sure your REALTOR® voice is at the public policy table.
- We connect our members directly to DC’s leaders and decision-makers.
- We host a variety of events every year where members get the exclusive chance to sit down and talk directly with each of the 13 DC Councilmembers.
- Our Speaker Series gives our members the exclusive opportunity to interact with DC’s most influential policymakers in an informal lunch setting.
- Our Government Affairs team closely monitors legislation for any effects on real estate.
- We constantly analyze existing programs to identify maximum benefits for our members.
- We regularly provide industry tips and resources to our membership.
- Our proximity to the NAR office in DC gives us access to national resources and a powerful voice at NAR.
For more information on some of our specific responsibilities and day-to-day tasks, head over to the About DCAR page on our website.